Click the Users link on the top navigation bar.
Click the green Add User button.
Enter the employee's user information. Fields with * are mandatory. Click Create User when you are finished.
- Employee Id - The format of the Employee ID can be numbers, letters, special characters or a combination of these.
- Email - A MakeShift welcome email will be sent to this address so it is important to make sure you enter the correct address.
- Phone Number
- Hourly Wage - This field is optional. The wage is used when calculating any of the analytics related to budgets and is required if you will be using MakeShift Time.
- Employment Type - Employment type is used for finding and filtering through different groups of employees.
- Role - The selected role determines what level of access this person has. For more information on how roles work and their specific permissions please click here.
Select which Departments this employee works in or has access to by clicking the green Add button. You can select as many different departments as you need. Click Next Step when you are ready to start adding positions and skills.
To add Positions, click in the Positions field. You can select positions from the dropdown menu. If your company has numerous positions, you can search for them by typing in the name of the position and then selecting it from the dropdown menu. You can add as many positions to an employee as you would like. For more information on Positions, please read our article on Managing an Employee's Positions. If you make a mistake and would like to remove a position, then simply click the small X beside the name of the position.
To add Skills, type a skill in the box and press enter to save this skill. You can add as many skills as you like. Any skills that have previously been added other employees will appear in a dropdown menu should you need to choose from this list. Employees will never see the skills or certifications that you have added to their profile.
After you have added all of the required positions, click the Save User button to finish adding your employee to MakeShift. If you have more employees that you would like to add, you can click the Save and Create Another User button to go directly to the user setup screen.